Saturday, March 29, 2008

KIWI: Crassulaceae Aeonium

Isn't this the most beautiful crassulaceae you've ever seen? I love it! This beauty is called "Kiwi" and comes from the crassulaceae family and is from the aenonium genus. You can read more about it on Dave's Garden website. I picked it up at the California Cactus Center in Pasadena, California. I'm going to have to get some more of these and ship one off to my Mom. She'd really love it! I have had it a little over a month now. It's really gotten yellow over the last week or so, and it's starting to grow more, which is great! I love all the different shades of colors. You can't be sad looking at this beauty!

2 comments:

Julie said...

This really is pretty!!! It will be great to see how it grows and spreads!!!

Kelly said...

Thanks Julie! I searched this plant out at the California Cactus Center after seeing a couple of mature plants throughout the nursery. I loved how full and tall it got, and especially its coloring! It's gotten especially yellow over the last couple of days.