Sunday, June 1, 2008

Still Playing with Flowers!

I played with flowers this weekend! I did a whole bunch of different projects, including creating some wreaths, which I think came out pretty good. Above is a fun little flower arrangement that I put together in shades of lavender, pink and white. I found the little turtle at the 99 Cent store. (My favorite place it seems these days)! I had a fantastic time putting it together.

Here's the plants I chose for this arrangement: Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus), Mexican Heather (Cuphea hyssopifolia), and Alyssum (Lobularia maritima). Here's another picture taken in the morning:

I gave up on my strawberries. I was tired of trying to get them to behave and grow right, so I threw them out and decided flowers would be fun!

Above is a close up of the Cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus) flowers.

Here's another Cosmo in shades of pink, lavender and yellow.

Here's my sweet little turtle. Isn't he cute? For some reason, even with the flowers, he seems like a he. Boys like flowers too, right?

3 comments:

Donna said...

Hey Kelly, hee-hee, I saw that turtle at the dollar store last weekend. I got some frogs. I don't know what to do with them yet, seeing as how I can't fit anything else out on my balcony. What a nice mix of flowers. I love the little purple and white flowers. They always fascinated me as a child and I used to pick them off the sidewalk gardens. Your wreaths came out great!

Kelly said...

Thanks Donna! Yeah, I had a creative weekend. It was fun, cheap fun, which is even better. I'm glad you're having fun with flowers. I have been doing a lot with orange, so I decided to try some shades of lavender.

Anonymous said...

aww, the turtle is cute.

Arlene,
Gig Harbor flowers