Friday, April 4, 2008

Crassulaceae Echeveria "Blue Bird"

Gosh, I love this plant! It's so delicate and pretty. I picked it up yesterday. It's common name is "Blue Bird," which really fits it and it is from the Crassulaceae (krass-yoo-LAY-see-ay) family and the Echeveria (ech-eh-VER-ee-a) Genus. I found a super cool website that gives the entire taxonomy on this plant. It's a lot info, so look out! I found the pot at the 99 Cent store today. Whoopee! I drilled a hole in the bottom for drainage and it seems the plant is the perfect match for the pot!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Very pretty! I love the pot that you picked out for it. They look very good together. I wonder what color the flowers are going to be?

Kelly said...

I can't wait to see what sort of flowers appear too! I'll keep you posted!